Wednesday 25 April 2012

Where it all began

Many of you are probably wondering what Whiskers in a Dream is and who I am.  Looking at the blog it's easy to see that this page hasn't been around all that long but what the blog effectively is is the reincarnation or rather the next step on from a website I ran between 2001 and 2011, and that was CavyCapers.com.

Cavy Capers back in the glory days


Cavy Capers was a huge part of my life and it was all about guinea pigs: the breeds, how to look after them and what to do when your piggy falls ill.  It was a successful advice website which was repeatedly named in the Good Website Guide year after year and we appeared in some of the industry's top magazines.  I found myself really busy with so many daily enquiries, questions about basic care to panicked emails about dying guinea pigs.  I then set up a shop within the site where I sold pet wares such as Vetbeds and water bottles and guinea pig mugs and greeting cards.  Ten years on from its inception I felt the website had run its course, my life had moved on in certain ways and I decided to close the site down.  It was actually a huge relief and welcome break when it all came to a stop.

In the past year I've worked on various parts of my life and career but my passion for guinea pigs - and now rabbits since my first, Bobby, came into our lives in 2007 - remained.  After getting into the blogging scene it felt like a natural progression to start this blog up, in a way, in loving memory of Cavy Capers.

So here I am, still adoring my guinea pigs and having fun with my rabbits.  I love them all to bits and although I admit I'm still a novice rabbit owner, I still have a wealth of knowledge for keeping guinea pigs and I'd like to think I can still help fellow owners out.  I'm hoping you'll help me out too, because life is one long learning process and we're all small furry loving friends at the end of the day.

Becky x




No comments:

Post a Comment